Some of the popular Norton Setup includes Norton Family Premier, Norton Security, Norton Internet Security, NU16, and many more. All these have various advanced in-built features that allow the users to stay connected with the internet or online activities by avoiding the entire risks associated with it. For getting the Norton Setup to the device make an access to the link as Norton.com/setup.
Norton, a division of Symantec Corporations is one of the best providers of the antivirus software for securing its users’ device against virus attacks, malware, spyware, and other such online threats. To keep the device and data free from virus attacks, Norton has developed a number of its security solutions based on the method of “Signatures” and “Heuristics” for virus detection.
Steps for importing the Norton Identity Safe data:
By following the steps detailed below, the users may import the Norton Identity Safe data from the previously backed up files through installed Norton Setup:
- First of all, launch the user interface of the Norton Setup being installed to the device.
- And then, click the “Identity” tile from the main page.
- After this, click the “Identity Safe” option.
- Thus, Norton Identity Safe window will be displayed on the screen.
- Here, tap the gear icon i.e. the ‘Settings’ icon displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Now, move to the ‘Import/Export’ tab.
- And then, click the “Import” button within the import section.
- After this, the “Vault Import” window will be prompted on the device.
- Here, select any one of the following options as listed below:
- Merge the imported data with the existing data
- Replace the existing data with the imported data
- And then, click the “Import” button.
- Now, follow the path as shown below for accessing the vault backup on the local storage of the device.
My Documents >> Norton Identity Safe >> Backups >> <Norton Account Name>
- Here, select the backed up file by right clicking on it and then, click the “Open” option from the context menu.
(Important Note: If no backed up data files are stored on the local storage then, the users may refer the contact us section of the link: Norton.con/NU16.)
- Now, choose any one of the following option listed below within the confirmation message that appears, if the users had set different passwords for login to the current Norton vault.
- For retaining the password that has been stored within the Norton cloud vault: Select “Keep Existing Password” option.
- For overwriting the password that has been stored within the Norton Setup Cloud vault with the password that has been stored within the imported vault: Click “Keep Imported Password” option.
- At last, click the “OK” button in the confirmation window, when prompted.