At any given time, Norton Anti-Theft enables your phone to displays the most recent ten auto-clicked images in series. If you see something meaningful or any suspicious thing in those images, you can save a non-volatile copy of it and take action accordingly. If you don’t have the product installed in your device yet, you can login to Norton My Account and get services to safe your handy devices.
Norton Anti-Theft is a product by Symantec, which is a Web-based service that enables users to remotely lock, locate and recover a lost or stolen Windows-based laptop, Android Smartphone or Android tablet. The product helps to locate your lost phone and keeps the data safe when someone tries to extract it out. It remotely locks down missing devices so no one can access your private information or media.
Norton My Account
When it comes to mobile security for Android and iOS, Norton Mobile Security gives you the most reliable services. There are multiple features that support your device and secure it.
- Open an updated version of Web browser and visit Norton.com/setup
- Click Sign in button and enter the login details associated with your Norton Account
- Go to ‘Choose a device to Manage’ option and select the device that you want to use the Anti-Theft features for
- In the Anti-Theft features section, select any one of the following features and execute the instructions as mentioned in the next step:
- Lock Device: Type a custom message that you want to make visible on the device while the screen is locked, and then click Lock Device.
- Remove Screen Lock: Hit on the Remove Screen Lock to unlock your mobile.
- Lost Mode: Press the ‘Turn On Lost Mode’ to lock and secure your lost or stolen device and it will automatically track it. The device can also make an audio sound and take photographs, to help you find it.
- Locate: Select the Locate Now option to display and keep the track of the current location of your device on the map.
- Scream: Press the Scream button to create an audible sound from your device to find it when it is lost or you are unable to notice it
- Sneak Peek: Choose to click on the ‘Take Photo’ option using the front camera of your device
- Wipe: Select the ‘Wipe Device’ to remove all your private data on the mobile in case you cannot get your lost device
- Call: Click on the ‘Call Phone’ option to make an Internet call to your lost iPhone, iPad, and Android
- If you want to reset your password, go to the Anti-Theft section, and under the section, go to its features pane, tap on the SMS Commands
- Create a new passcode and save it by clicking on the Update button
The passcode has changed successfully and you mobile device is now more secured. For further details of the product, you may visit Norton.com/myaccount and make sure your subscription is not going to expire soon, or else renew the subscription. If you encounter any error while executing the steps, get connected to Norton My Account Customer support for help.